Get Moving – Get Healthy <br>New Jersey
The mission of Get Moving – Get Healthy New Jersey (GMGH – NJ) is to improve the health of individuals, families and communities. GMGH – NJ encourages a healthy lifestyle – especially healthy eating and physical activity – through educational programs, its website, publications and targeted marketing campaigns. Rutgers Cooperative Extension works in partnership with state and local governments, research institutions, professional groups, corporations and private organizations to achieve this mission.
Their Family Meals program helps children learn and establish healthier eating habits with helpful tips and resources about cooking and eating together. From practical ways to trim high grocery prices to age-appropriate cooking tasks for kids, you’ll be cooking together in no time!
In addition, this statewide program features a number of other initiatives and tools that address a variety of wellness concepts:
- The official Get Moving Get Healthy NJ interactive website, which includes links about getting active and healthy eating.
- Children’s Health Summits
- Building Healthy Kids Coalitions
- The Get Moving – Get Healthy NJ Social Marketing Campaign
- The “New” Walk New Jersey Point-to-Point Challenge
- Get Moving – Get Healthy with New Jersey 4-H
- School Wellness Outreach
- Worksite Wellness
Visit the Get Moving – Get Healthy New Jersey website for more information about how to connect with their programs and activities or to find out how you can create a similar program in your state!