Fruit of the Month: Apples
What better way to ring in the new season than by using this month’s fruit of the month: apples! With its peak harvest in the Fall, now’s the perfect time to snag a bunch. This well-rounded fruit has flavors that range from tart to sweet, making it ideal to keep on-hand for both savory and sweet dishes.
Get the whole family excited about Fall by taking a field trip to a local apple orchard. Spend the day picking apples, taking a hayride, and don’t forget to enjoy some delicious cider.
You didn’t think we were going to leave ya hangin’, did ya? Check out of these delish recipes:
- Wursts with Apple, Potato and Onion Hash
- Chipotle Turkey Chili with Apples and Cheddar
- Apple-Cheddar Turnovers
- Cran-Apple-Onion Open-Face Turkey Sammies
- Pork and Veal Schnitzels with Red Cabbage, Apple Sauce and Potato Pancakes
- Autumn-Spiced Chicken, Almond Rice Pilaf
And don’t forget to save some for snacking!