Chicken and Snap Pea Soup with Leeks
You can use the pulled chicken and stock from Rach’s Poached Chicken with Lemon and Garlic recipe for this meal, or grab a rotisserie chicken from the store to make this comforting and nutritious soup in short order.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots or 10-12 baby spring carrots, thinly sliced on bias
- 2 leeks, whites and light green parts, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2-3 cups snap peas, halved across
- Salt and pepper
- 8 cups chicken stock (64 ounces)
- 2-3 cups pulled poached chicken or pulled rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 pound broken pappardelle
- 1/2 cup tarragon, chopped or 1 cup basil, torn
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat a soup pot over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil, two turns of the pan. Add the carrots, leeks, snap peas, salt and pepperl partially cover the pot and cook to tender-crisp, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the stock and chicken and bring to a low, rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook to al dente. If you are serving the soup over several days or hours, cook the pasta and store separately.
- Stir in the herbs and remove from the heat; add the lemon juice and serve.