Everything Veggie Cream Cheese
Fill up your favorite kind of bagel with fresh veggie-bacon cream cheese!
- 4 of your favorite bagels (I love whole wheat everything bagels!)
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 3 radishes
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 8 slices cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- Slice the bagels in half, remove the “guts” (the bread) from the inside and toast.
- Put the cream cheese in a medium size mixing bowl and, using a microplane or box grater, grate the radish and carrot into the bowl. Add the red pepper, celery, scallions, bacon and garlic. Season with salt and pepper; and mix until combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom half of the bagel and top with tomato, lettuce and onion and bagel top.