Grilled Cheese with Salsa Dippin’ Sauce
Serves 1 (kid-size serving)
This is like your traditional grilled cheese sandwich, but dipped in salsa for a little Latin twist.
- 2 slices bread, whole wheat or multi-grain
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- Heat a medium size nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Ask a grown-up helper (GH) to help you with the stove and hot skillet if you need it.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and sandwich the cheese in between them, with the buttered sides facing out.
- Place the sandwich in the hot skillet and cook until each side of the sandwich is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Adjust the heat if you need to so the bread doesn’t get too dark before the cheese melts.
- Once the sandwich is done, place on a cutting board and cut into four strips. Put the salsa in a bowl and dip away!