Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
Everyone loves bruschetta! Complete Rachael’s Bruschetta Bar with Ricotta, Garlic and Honey Bruschetta and Smoky Eggplant and Roasted Garlic Spread.
- 1 bulb garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful each of parsley and basil, chopped
- 2 whole grain baguettes, batards or other 2-3-inch wide crusty long loaves, cut into slices and toasted
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut off the top off of the garlic bulb to expose the cloves. Brush the garlic with EVOO and season liberally with salt and pepper. Wrap tightly in foil and roast for 40-45 minutes. Let cool.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until the tomatoes begin to burst, about 15 minutes.
- Once the garlic is cool, squeeze all of the garlic cloves out of the bulb into a large mixing bowl and mash until you have a smooth paste.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, parsley and basil and mash together until it’s a spreadable consistency.
- To serve, spread a thin layer of roasted garlic on the toasted bread slices and top with the tomato mixture.