Spinach Artichoke Potato Skins
Serves 6-8 snack-size servings
Your favorite spinach-artichoke dip inside a potato skin. Touchdown!
- 3 pounds Idaho potatoes
- 1/4 cup white onion, small diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach (10 ounces), defrosted and squeezed of excess water
- 1 box frozen artichokes, defrosted, drained and finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 25-30 minutes. Remove and set aside until cool enough to touch. Cut each potato in half and scoop the insides out into a medium size mixing bowl. Place the skins, cut-sides up, back onto the baking sheet.
- In a sauté pan, cook the onion and garlic until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Place the softened cream cheese into the mixing bowl with the potato flesh. Add the spinach mixture, artichokes, lemon zest, 1/4 cup cheddar, 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, salt and ground black pepper to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- With a small spoon, scoop the spinach-artichoke potatoes into the little potato skins. Top with the remaining Parmigiano and cheddar, and place back in the oven until the cheese is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.