- Assorted fruit, such as honeydew, cantaloupe and kiwi
- 1 slice soft whole grain sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 strip cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 pasteurized egg
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the fruit into different-size stars using the cookie cutters. Arrange the fruit on a plate.
- Put the bread on a cutting board. Using a 4-inch cutter, cut out a star, being careful to keep the crust intact (you dont want the egg to escape!).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the butter and let it melt. Cook both the slice of bread and the star cutout until lightly toasted, about 1 minute per side. Lower the heat to medium-low. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon into the star-shaped hole.
- Crack the egg and carefully pour it into the hole over the bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and cook until the egg white is set but the yolk is still soft, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the egg-in-a-hole and the toasted star to the plate using a spatula. Dont forget to dunk the star-shaped toast into the egg yolk!
Recipe by Tracey Seaman, Test Kitchen Director, Every Day with Rachael Ray. Reprinted with permission from Every Day with Rachael Ray.