Your Very Own Granola
Serves approximately 4 cups
This “oat-standing” breakfast also works well as a topping for yogurt or ice cream. Young chefs can scoop, sprinkle and stir up their own signature blend of granola.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Nuts and spices
- Chopped dried fruit
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F.
- Mound the oats in a 10-inch cake pan. Drizzle with oil and honey; sprinkle with the salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir well. Using your fingers, rub the oat mixture to coat evenly. Stir in your favorite nuts and spices.
- Shake the pan until the oats are in an even layer.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 40 minutes.
- Cool the granola completely in the pan, then toss with the chopped dried fruit.
Recipe by Tracey Seaman, Test Kitchen Director, Every Day with Rachael Ray. Reprinted with permission from Every Day with Rachael Ray.